Churches and individuals have approached or contacted me about how they could have the same Bible widget that I developed for fbchammond.com. They were looking for a relatively easy way to embed the Bible on their ministry website.
My first implementation required a database, and although I open-sourced it, many of these individuals have very little HTML experience let alone database experience—That was a major problem.
I got tired of always giving them a solution that was too difficult for them to implement, so while the idea was hot on my mind, I quickly moved to search for an alternate.
It had been a while since I’d developed a jQuery plugin so I had to look through a few jQuery boilerplate examples and shake some dust off before starting the build.
I created a landing page to house the information, basic documentation, a working demo, and a link to download the source files.